Structured Query Language (SQL)
Students enrolled in this course will develop skills in the use of Structured Query Language. Participants will be trained in using SQL to create, populate and manipulate relational databaseswithin a client-server database system, as well as to retrieve data in a variety of ways.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to gain a solid working knowledge of the most powerful and widely used database programming language.
* Understanding core database concepts
* Introduction to Relational Databases and relationships
* What is SQL and SQL*Plus?
* Table basics (creating and managing tables)
* Inserting, selecting, updating, sorting and deleting data
* SQL functions – Joins, Aliases, Grouping and Aggregating etc.
* Relational operators & Mathematical functions
* DML, DDL and DCL
* Action queries
* Multi-table queries
* Advanced Queries – IN & BETWEEN, LIKE, Compound conditions etc.
* User views, Indexes and other database objects
* Dropping tables and manipulating database objects
* Database links
* Various other aspects of SQL as required
The primary database management system utilised will by Oracle, however, the same principles can be applied for ACCESS, MS SQL Server and MYSQL.
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in databases. It is specifically designed for students, programmers, testers and managers who wish to develop their skills in SQL to intermediate level and beyond. This course is applicable to both those just starting to learn SQL and those who are at intermediate level with SQL without formal training.
This is a hands-on course with participants applying what they learn to access an Oracle database. Every participant will have dedicated use of a workstation for the database exercises.
Weekends Saturdays – 2x8hrs
Two Weeks –Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri – 8x2hrs