Who can learn this course:
Anyone who want to become database administrator
Pre requisites :
· Oracle SQL/PLSQL Knowledge is mandatory
· Understanding of relational database concepts
· knowledge of Unix or Linux or windows Administration and its core functionality
· Any Programming Language is an advantage.
· Able to understand architecture and how its components work and interact with one another.
· Able to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management
· Able to Implement Various Backup/Recovery Strategies.
· Will be able to install, configure, and maintain the database
· Total Number of Hours : 40 Hours
- Different types of oracle products and features.
- New features in oracle 11g
- Differences among oracle9i, oracle 10g and oracle 11g features along with its importance.
Installing oracle database 11g software.
- System requirements.
- Redhat Linux 5.0 Installation (with and without Vmware workstation)
- Installation of multiple oracle servers and multiple oracle databases on Vmware workstation (features and advantages for RAC implementation with Vmware configuration)
- Install software with the Oracle Universal Installer on Linux Platform
Creation of an oracle database.
- Oracle Database 11g Architecture
- Oracle instance architecture
- Oracle Read Consistency and Concurrency
Controlling the database
- Start and stop the enterprise manager database console
- Start and stop the listener
- Startup and shutdown the database
- Database Configuration Assistant(DBCA)
Storage Structures and architecture of Oracle 11g DBA
- Logical structure Vs Physical structure
- Defining the tablespaces and data files
- Create tablespaces
- Manage tablespaces
- Obtain tablespace information
- Managing Undo Data
- Control File Management
- Redo Log File Management
- Parameter File Management
- Obtain tablespace information
- Create and manage database user accounts
- Control resource usage by using Profiles
Oracle Net Services.
- Understand Oracle Net concepts
- Use Oracle Net Manager to create and configure listeners
- Use the listener control utility to control the Oracle Net Listener
- Testing Oracle Net connectivity
- Shared Server: Connection pooling
Managing schema objects.
- Create and modify tables
- Define constraints
- View the attributes of a table
- View the contents of a table
- Create indexes and views
Oracle Backup & Recovery (User Managed).
- Design, Testing, Implementation Strategies
- Offline(cold)/Online(hot) backups
- Performing Complete Recovery
- Performing Incomplete Recovery
Oracle Backup & Recovery (System Managed: RMAN).
- RMAN Architecture
- Setting up Catalog
- Online/Offline Backup using RMAN
- Backups Options
- Incremental Backups
- Complete Recovery
- Incomplete Recovery
- Table Space Point in Time Recovery (TSPITR)
- Disaster Recovery
Logical Backup & Transporting data between databases.
- Introduction Data pump (expdp, impdp) Utilities
- Exporting/Importing Tables
- Exporting/Importing Schemas
- Exporting/Importing Table space
- Exporting/Importing Database
- Transportable Table space within & across the database and platforms
High Availability (HA).
- Database Patch Management Introduction
- Applying Interim and Patch set Patches
- Patch History & Documentation
Oracle Enterprise Manager and Performance tuning
- New features and its analysis of statistics on performance Tuning
- Optimizer statistics
- Automatic Workload Repository
- Flashback Query/Table/Drop/Database
- Flashback Version Query
- Creating Restore Points
Automatic Storage Management.
- New features and implementation
Oracle Grid Control.
- Managing the multiple database nodes using OEM grid control
Data Replication and Integration
- Oracle database 11g streams features overview
- Oracle database 11g streams (Data Replication and Integration)
Oracle Database 11g performance tuning
Oracle Database backup and recovery
Oracle 11g RAC and Grid infrastructure administration
Oracle 11g Database security
Oracle Database 11g data warehousing fundamentals