Who can learn this course:
- Individuals who want to become CCNP Security Professionals
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software infrastructure protection controls in a Cisco router- and switch-based network infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software threat control and containment technologies in a Cisco router-based perimeter infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based WAN.
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software remote access VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based remote access solution.
Course Duration: 30 Hours
The 642-637 Secure v1.0 Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches exam is associated with the CCSP, and CCNP Security certifications. This exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills needed to secure Cisco IOS Software router and switch-based networks, and provide security services based on Cisco IOS Software. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches course.
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice.
- Choose Cisco IOS technologies to implement HLD
- Choose Cisco products to implement HLD
- Choose Cisco IOS features to implement HLD 2
- Integrate Cisco network security solutions with other security technologies
- Create and test initial Cisco IOS configurations for new devices/services
Complex Operations Support
- Optimize Cisco IOS security infrastructure device performance
- Create complex network security rules to meet the security policy requirements
- Optimize security functions, rules, and configuration
- Configure & verify NAT to dynamically mitigate identified threats to the network
- Configure & verify IOS Zone Based Firewalls including advanced application inspections and URL filtering
- Configure & verify the IPS features to identify threats and dynamically block them from entering the network
- Maintain, update and tune IPS signatures
- Configure & verify IOS VPN features
- Configure & verify Layer 2 and Layer 3 security features
- Advanced Cisco IOS security software configuraiton fault finding and repairing
- Advanced Cisco routers and switches hardware fault finding and repairing