Who can learn this course:
- Individuals who want to become CCNP Security Professionals
- Evaluate the basic technology, features, and hardware models of the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance product line.
- Implement and maintain basic Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance connectivity and device management plane features.
- Implement and maintain data plane access control features of the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance product family.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance features that integrate it with the local and global routing and switching infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance virtualization and high availability features.
- Evaluate Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance SSM modules, their major features, and integrate them with the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance.
Course Duration: 30 hours
Course Content :
The 642-618 Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions (FIREWALL v2.0) exam is associated with the CCNP Security and Cisco Firewall Specialist certifications. This exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills needed to implement and maintain Cisco ASA-based perimeter solutions. Successful graduates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco ASA features, and provide detailed operations support for
the Cisco ASA. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions course.
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice.
Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance Basic Configurations
- Identify the ASA product family
- Implement ASA licensing
- Manage the ASA boot process
- Implement ASA interface settings
- Implement ASA management features
- Implement ASA access control features
- Implement Network Address Translation (NAT) on the ASA
- Implement ASDM public server feature
- Implement ASA quality of service (QoS) settings
- Implement ASA transparent firewall
ASA Routing Features
- Implement ASA static routing
- Implement ASA dynamic routing
ASA Inspection Policy
- Implement ASA inspections features
ASA Advanced Network Protections
- Implement ASA Botnet traffic filter
ASA High Availability
- Implement ASA Interface redundancy and load sharing features
- Implement ASA virtualization feature
- Implement ASA stateful failover